Thursday, May 8, 2008

Font Thai in mysql like ??? on Ubuntu

My environment:
Ubuntu 7.04
mysql 5.0.38

If you see Thai font like ??????. because character set in mysql server and client was different.
You should set character set in server and client matched.
Check status in mysql.

In your computer No.2 may be latin. I had changed from latin to tis620.
First, You should edit file config in /etc/mysql/my.cnf and add default-character-set in

[client]
default-character-set = tis620

And....

[mysqld]
default-character-set = tis620
init_connect = 'SET NAMES tis620'

Save it and restart mysql with /etc/init.d/mysql restart
Thai font will be fixed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I changed client and server character sets. How do I change Db and Conn. character set?

Unknown said...

I changed client and server character sets. How do I change Db and Conn. character set?